A place for everyone who loves
Remember what it used to be like browsing in a bookstore and coming out with an armload of books in different categories? — books you never expected to find and authors you’d never before tried?
We at Book Smart missed the wonderful experience of discovering new friends within bookstore shelves, so we created a TV show in the Washington, D.C. market to introduce readers to new authors and their wonderful books. Now, many of those interviews are on YouTube, and we’ve expanded to include book reviews, print interviews, and podcasts along with our video content, here on our website.
Go right to your favorite shelf and stick to a much loved genre, or perhaps … just perhaps, something else may catch your eye and you’ll discover an author or a new genre which might become your new obsession.
Whatever you do, enjoy.
Browse Through our Recent Posts
from all Bookshelves
- How Disasters Shape Great FictionNovelists have many tools at their disposal to write their own indelible first drafts of history. And what better crisis to focus on than the Covid pandemic?
- V.E. Schwab Is Pure MagicIf you enjoy fantasy novels you need to get your hands on V.E. Schwab’s The Invisible Life of Addie LaRue, and her Shades of Magic 3-book series; A Gathering of Shadows, A Darker Shade of Magic, and A Conjuring of Light.
- Authors Help Support UkraineAs the war continues to dismantle the lives of those in Ukraine, 70 authors have banded together to donate their stories to raise money to help Ukrainians. 100% of proceeds from their book, Sunflower Season for Ukraine, go to help those in need.
- Carey Baldwin’s Dark Marriage SecretToday I’m reviewing Carey Baldwin’s newest book, The Marriage Secret. But first, here is the back of book blurb: A completely unputdownable and twist-filled psychological thriller from USA Today bestselling author Carey Baldwin. He married me despite my darkest secret. But am I safe now that I know his? From the outside, my marriage to Zach was perfect: dream home, a perfect baby girl and …
- Hail To The King: Salem’s Lotby Darryl Keeping Thousands of miles away from the small township of ‘Salem’s Lot, two terrified people, a man and a boy, still share the secrets of those clapboard houses and tree-lined streets. They must return to ‘Salem’s Lot for a final confrontation with the unspeakable evil that lives on in the town. While Carrie had some frightening moments, it focused mostly on the struggle of …
- ￼Book Review – Casteby Debra Pakaluk Isabel Wilkerson’s Caste: The Origins of Our Discontents is one of the most important books I have ever read. Impeccably researched, extremely well-written.
- Columbus on TrialA thought provoking expose of Christopher Columbus written by NYS Supreme Court Justice John Barone (ret.) Everything you thought you knew about Columbus but don’t.
- Sexy Movies, Sexy Men, and Sexy Writing: Three Days of the Condor, Robert Redford, and James GradyToday we’re priviledged to have with us legendary James Grady, author of Six Days of the Condor which became the iconic Robert Redford movie, Three Days of the Condor. James has won literary prizes around the globe, including France’s Grand Prix
Join Book Smart’s host …
This montage of Diana Belchase was done when she was nominated for a Monty Award for “Best Talk Show Host.” Honestly, she does let her guests speak at least some of the time! It is a fun little vignette of her personality for a TV nomination we’re awfully proud of. Book Smart TV and our host, Diana Belchase, have been nominated for Montys an astounding five times. More videos may be seen by clicking on the “video” tab above. Enjoy!